Search This Blog

Monday, February 4, 2013

Lowe Art Museum showcases a diverse group of artists depicting the American melting pot

Lowe Art Museum showcases a diverse group of artists depicting the American melting pot:

Hanging near the entrance to the Lowe Art Museum’s new exhibition, Sungho Choi’s model for My America concisely summarizes the show’s premise. Infinite Mirror: Images of American Identity showcases the ways we form and connect to an American identity and ultimately what it means to be an American in the 21st century.

                                                    
QAPORTAL:
This serves to me a reminder from about 18 years ago, when certain psychosociological concerns were abuzz around the city of WASHINGTON DC. I had no way of really relating to the so-called plight of the "light-Negro race", what I mean is, that I had never allowed a prejudiced impulse to evolve within my mind, relative to the stated concerns. I actually found it odd that this sort of identity crisis was a reality in the lives of these members of our society. Turns out that it in some ways was!....

No comments:

Post a Comment